The “Unite 23” Employee Experience Conference
Welcome to a special bonus episode of our Engaging Internal Comms podcast. This episode is a bit different from our usual ones – it’s a compilation of my experiences at the Unite 23 employee experience conference, organised by Unily.
Here’s a sneak peek of what you can expect:
- Stephen Fry’s Keynote: The renowned Stephen Fry shared his thoughts on AI and its impact on society. His distinction between different types of AI and the need for regulation in its development was truly thought-provoking.
- Panel Discussion on Internal Comms: I attended a fascinating panel discussion on the future of internal comms. The key takeaways? The importance of creativity, connecting with people, and simplicity in storytelling.
- Interview with Shantell Ogden: Shantell shared her experience of transforming Wipro’s intranet into an employee experience platform. Her passion for songwriting and storytelling, which she believes carries over into her work, was truly inspiring.
- Steven Bartlett’s Keynote: Steven Bartlett discussed the concept of authenticity and its relationship to conformity. His insights on the importance of being true to oneself and not conforming to societal expectations were enlightening. His talk shifted to the topic of connectivity at work, particularly in the context of the pandemic and remote working. The negative effects of loneliness and the importance of fostering connections and a sense of community in the workplace were highlighted. Steven pointed out that trust decays when there is a lack of clarity and inconsistency between what is said and what is done. The importance of being transparent and honest with employees about expectations and company values was emphasised.
- AI in the Workplace: The significant role of artificial intelligence (AI) in the workplace was a recurring theme at the conference. The potential impact of AI on society was acknowledged, and the need for further understanding of its potential was discussed.
I’m grateful to Unily for inviting me to the conference and providing me with a ticket and for the generosity to you by sharing a code for listeners to attend as well. I hope you’ll tune in to this bonus episode and share your thoughts with me. As always, I encourage you to share ideas for future episodes via email or the feedback form below.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on your preferred platform and leave a review.