In this episode of our podcast we delve into the fascinating world of sustainability and communicating sustainability. This episode is a treasure trove of insights, ideas, and thought-provoking discussions that I’m sure you’ll find intriguing.
Our guests, Tamma Carel, an experienced environmental consultant, and Matt Shaw, Creative Director of Pixel House Media, join us to discuss the challenges and opportunities of integrating sustainability into organisations. They share their unique perspectives and experiences, making this episode a must-listen for anyone interested in sustainability and its impact on our world.
Here’s a sneak peek of what we covered:
- Understanding Sustainability: Tamar beautifully explains sustainability as a destination where people, planet, and profit are all equal and equitable. She uses the analogy of a three-legged stool, emphasising the need for balance to achieve sustainability.
- The Role of Legislation: We discuss the challenges organisations face due to legislative changes and the importance of understanding and navigating environmental legislation.
- The Power of Engagement: We explore the importance of making sustainability engaging and relatable within organisations.
- The Future of Sustainability: We touch on the competitive advantage that sustainability can provide and how it will become a normal part of business operations in the future.
Remember, sustainability is not just a buzzword; it’s a journey we’re all on together. So, let’s explore how we can make a positive impact on our world.
I hope these insights spark your curiosity and entice you to listen to the full podcast. Remember, you can now find us on YouTube, iTunes, and Spotify. Don’t forget to subscribe!
Tamma Carel is an experienced Environmental Consultant & Lecturer on Sustainability at Northumbria University.
Matt Shaw is Creative Director of Pixel House Media, Co-Founder and Director of iCOR Systems.
Link to a relevant episode of the podcast: https://thebigpicturepeople.co.uk/blog/podcast/internal-comms-as-change-makers-s4-e12/
Matt’s LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattshawuk/
Tamma’s LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tamma-carel/
iCOR website: https://icor.cloud/
I’m excited to offer our listeners a free trial for the leading audio-book platform ‘Audible’. This is an affiliate trial offer that will help cover the costs of our ad-free show and bring more value to you, our listeners. You can access the trial using this link or by scanning the QR code below with your phone’s camera.
With your trial, you will receive:
- One free audiobook of your choice – yours to keep, even if you cancel. Amazon Prime customers receive two audiobooks in your trial.
- 3 months for £1 per month for a limited period.
- The ability to choose from an incredible selection of audiobooks.
- Unlimited listening to the Plus Catalogue – thousands of Audible Originals, podcasts and select audiobooks.
- After 30 days, you will receive 1 book each month and continue to have unlimited access to the Plus Catalogue for just £7.99/month (this renews automatically).
- Cancel easily anytime.
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode and the Audible offer. Your feedback is invaluable in helping us bring more engaging and valuable content to you.